2015 Reading Stats
Number Of Books You Read: 20
Number of Re-Reads: 0
Genre You Read The Most From: Young Adult/Fantasy
Best In Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2015? Cinder by Marissa Meyer
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t? The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read? Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)? Cinder by Marissa Meyer
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015? The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (for all three :))
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015? Marissa Meyer & Amanda Hocking
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone? I didn’t really go out of my comfort zone. Like at all. haha oops.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year? Playing Dead by Julia Heaberlin
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year? I have so many on my list to read, I won’t have timeeee to re-read any!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015? Cause. Cake.
11. Most memorable character of 2015? Besides the series characters that automatically stick in your mind since you’re “with” them for so long – I’d go with Alice from What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015? Again – What Alice Forgot – it really made you think about your own life and what ‘ten years ago you’ would think of present you.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015? What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? I hardly read in 2014 so pretty much all the books I picked up were OMG why didn’t I read this sooner?!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015? “The rules of the track work well for life. Roller derby is life in a tiny circle. You can only go forward, even if you find yourself turned around, facing the wrong way. There’s speed, unpredictability, and danger. You can’t be sure what’s going to happen, you don’t always know when you’ll stop, and it appears most people are out to get you. You will fall. You will get hurt. But you will get up again.” From Going in Circles by Pamela Ribon
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015? Shortest: 181 pages – The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman, Longest: 824 Pages – Winter by Marissa Meyer
17. Book That Shocked You The Most: Playing Dead by Julia Heaberlin
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!): (OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar) I had to look this up to understand it hahaha. Um – Throne & Cress from the Lunar Chronicles.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year: Cinder and Iko from the Lunar Chronicles
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously: The only author I’d previously read: The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure: The Lunar Chronicles & The Trylle Series. Both recommended by Sadye, cause she’s my book and planner soulmate. 🙂
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015? THORNE 🙂
23. Best 2015 debut you read? Winter by Marissa Meyer
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year? The Lunar Chronicles
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read? Going in Circles by Pamela Ribon – took me back to my roller derby freshie days. Was bittersweet actually..
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015? The Trylle Series – bawleddddd at the end.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year? The Royal We by Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan. I only heard about this a handful of times throughout the year. I’ll admit I got it on a whim but, it was really good!
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul? What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015? Going in Circles by Pamela Ribon – I mean, there’s not a lot of books on roller derby out there, is there!?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)? Dark Places by Gillian Flynn – ugh, I know Libby went through some SHIT but damn if she doesn’t suck sometimes ha.
Your Blogging/ Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015? Page a Vu!!!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015? I haven’t really written straight reviews yet. Maybe this year!!!
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog? Oh dear, who knows!
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)? N/A
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015? Um, I’m gonna go with just starting this blog haha.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year? Blogging: Trying to get on a schedule and eventually blog ahead! Reading: Trying to balance reading with chores, boyfriend time, and sleep time! ha!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)? Looks like 52WoG: The City You Live In was the most popular!
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love? I’m happy with any love!
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)? Really utilized Goodreads more!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year? Goodreads, and failed, the beginning of the year I didn’t read a lot – I blame not being into The Ocean at the End of Lane – I put it down a lot.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016? The Kanin Chronicles by Amanda Hocking & Yes Please by Amy Poehler
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)? No clue… all of them. READ ALL THE THINGS.
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating? I have so many on my TBR list that I’m not allowed myself to anticipate hahaha
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016? I heard that the Raven Cycle books are really good and plan to start, and the 4th one comes out this year. So, I’m sure by the time I read them, I’ll be waiting impatiently for the next!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016? Do more reviews & just – read more!
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone: None, finishing up the Watersong series by Amanda Hocking now, so been reading those for a bit (darn holidays are always so busy!!)