This week’s prompt is 5 Favorite Seasonal Foods. What. Just five? I’m going to give you my favorites and either the recipes I use OR one I want to try.
- Pumpkin Pie. Thanksgiving isn’t thanksgiving without the Pumpkin Pie with a big ol’ dollop of Cool Whip on top. I literally could eat a whole pumpkin pie in one day. Breakfast/lunch/dinner. DONE. For my pie crusts I ALWAYS (except that one time I experimented and it was horrible so, NEVER AGAIN) use Grandma Bonnie’s Pie Crust Recipe. Yep. Good ol’ Longaberger is where it’s at. (See number two for the recipe.) Last year I used this recipe for the pie filling and it was delicious!2. Apple Pie. I love pie. What can I say? I’ve always used the Grandma Bonnie’s recipe for my apple pies too. Old habits die hard. But it always delicious!
- Apple Pie. I always just use the Grandma Bonnie’s Apple Pie Recipe too. I’m a creature of habit.
- Mulled Wine. I’m not a huge wine fan. I tried. But. I’m not. But Mulled Wine? I can drink that all day. The way the smell fills your house – you just want to curl up in a plaid blanket and watch Christmas movies. I found this recipe that looks glorious! German Mulled Wine (or Gluhwein) over at the Tidy Mom Blog!
- Potato Soup. I *love* potato soup and could probably eat it everyday. Bad. I love traditional potato soup but I also LOVEEEEEE Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana. I made this Copycat Zuppa Toscana recipe last fall and oh man, it was even better than Olive Garden’s. I suggest a double batch. It’s that good.
- Chicken/ Turkey Pot Pie. All the recipes are pretty similar – but here’s one you can try out: Turkey Pot Pie. Just made one a few weeks ago – SO GOOD.
And, now for some more fun! My first giveaway!
I don’t have a lot of Funko’s so I cant really participate in Funko Friday’s. So, I was getting a new Funko the other day, so bought two – to give one away, as my way of participating!
Malcolm Reynolds can be all yours – click his picture to head over to the giveaway page and enter!!