My first 5 Fandom Friday – a weekly nerdy linkup with prompts! Found over on Female Geek Bloggers, a Google+ community that unites nerdy & geeky female bloggers across the blog-verse.
The prompt that I couldn’t resist: Characters I Want to Dress Up as for Halloween!
If you know me in real life, you’ll know number one:
- XENA!!!! I am currently in the middle of a Xena cosplay, that took a temporary hiatus because my sewing machine broke. Since Mr. Coffee is AMAZING and got me a new one for our anniversary (the fact that I’d rather have a sewing machine than jewelry probably solidifies my nerdiness, huh?) – I hope to be into the costume by the end of winter!
- Khaleesi/Daenerys & Drogo. If I go completely blonde like I plan, and Mr. Coffee grows his beard out (and we both lose a few pounds – which we plan on anyways) we will totally be doing this next year! Even halloween-ier if I eat a raw heart throughout any appearances we make! ha!
- Alice: Resident Evil: Retribution. I’ve been Alice for Halloween before, so I’d love to do it again, and this outfit is just… badass. Plus, could totally use it for cons and Mr. Coffee could be totally be one of the Axemen (I would LOVE to make this!!).
- Astrid from (MY FAVORITE KIDS MOVIE) How to Train Your Dragon. That skirt, those skulls, those boots! Steel would have to adorn some wings and become a dragon!
5. Weeping Angel from Doctor Who. I mean. Seriously. Freaking. Awesome. I could totally pull this off and probably wouldn’t look into the mirror cause I’d scare myself.
So, there you have it. All the cosplays I’ve seriously considered doing over the last few years! Love it!